There are no fees payable to become a member of the Genetic Support Council WA. Our services are free to member groups and individuals.
Applications may be made for membership of the Council in the following categories:
- a not for profit non-government organisation which has as its core activity that of a Genetic Support Group, and which supports the objects of the Council may apply to be a Full Member;
- an individual or organisation who or which supports the objects of the Council may apply to be an Associate Member;
- a corporation, association or group which supports the objects of the Council may apply to be a Corporate Associate Member.
Objects of the Council
- to be a representative peak body in Western Australia for not for profit, nongovernment genetic support groups;
- to promote awareness of genetic diseases in the wider community;
- to encourage and support effective and efficient management and service delivery practices within community based, not for profit genetic support groups;
- to assist in the greater participation of consumers in policy, planning research and service delivery across the genetic services field;
- to promote mentoring, leadership and co-operation between non-government and community organisations within the genetic services field;
- to develop and contribute to policies of common concern to the nongovernment genetic support groups;
- to provide genetic support information, resources and referral services for individuals and agencies;
- to promote research into all areas of genetic disease;
- to participate and co-operate with relevant national and international bodies.
Application for membership form
Please contact us for further information on 9485 8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org